Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Time Is.....NOW??

Today I am going to cover an event that affects me, and many families and individuals in our country, personally. My husband is a soldier, deployed to Iraq with the Army. Standard deployments are 12 months at this point. We got lucky! We went in thinking this would be a 12-15 month deployment, only to be so glad that the deployment has been cut short. He is included in the massive troop withdrawal occurring in Iraq, and will be home very very soon! I am so ecstatic, we havent seen him since Christmas! I am also extremely nervous! I am so worried about what to expect! If he will still find me attractive, if he will be radically different than when he left. I havent slept in WEEKS! We just moved to this apartment in April, and its very cluttered. We downsized from a large 3 bedroom townhouse, to a small 2 bedroom apartment. Our garage is filled with furniture we dont need or have room for, and the computer/family room has boxes that were supposed to stay in the garage, but were brought into the apartment. They are too heavy to move. I want everything to be perfect when he arrives, simply because he hasnt seen the house. I am scared about how our 10 month old son will react when he sees his daddy again. I am worried I wont be able to relinquish some of the control in responsibilities in household management. I have become fiercely independent during this deployment, and I am apprehensive that he is going to come home and expect ME to be the same person as when he left. Regardless of all these emotions and concerns, I'm still so happy that he's coming home to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment